The Coloplast Merit Award 2015
Coloplast supports World Ostomy Day (WOD) by awarding the member associations of the International Ostomy Association (IOA) that share their best stories from the past year about enabling people with stomas to live their life as they wish to. The Coloplast Merit Award’s fundamental aim is to encourage the spread of enterprising initiatives of national ostomy associations to member associations around the globe.
There are three regional contests:
- The Americas
- Asia and South Pacific
There will be a price for each region and the price in each region is a cheque for 3,000 USD and a diploma.
Deadline for applying online is 6 December 2015
The winners (one per region) will be informed directly in the middle of January 2016. The awards are presented at a local association meeting with participation of a local representative from Coloplast and if possible an IOA representative.
The conditions of the Coloplast Merit Award are:
- Only IOA member associations are eligible to participate
- Entries must be directly concerned with furthering the needs of people with a stoma
- The entries, in English, should be submitted electronically to Coloplast – see information below.
- The decision of the adjudicating committee will be final
The entries should be supported by photographs and if possible press cuttings.
The adjudicating committee consists of two members of IOA and a representative from Coloplast A/S.
- The entry should support the overall theme: Many Stories, One Voice
- The entry should tell a story about enabling people with stomas to live their life as they wish to
- It should show activities that reflect the wide diversity of people and how they can share great mutual activities with other people in a social surrounding
- We will specifically look for images of people
- It should show originality – level of innovation and enterprise
- The entry should reflect public awareness – degree of impact nationally, preferably including press coverage
- It should tell their best story from the past year, preferably about the theme “Many Stories, One Voice”, supporting the aim of World Ostomy Day in improving the rehabilitation of people with a stoma worldwide by bringing to the attention of the general community and the global community the needs and aspirations of them and their families.
How to apply?
Send an email to email@example.com including
- Zip code
- IOA region (Europe, The Americas or Asia & South Pacific)
- Phone number
- Attached documents confirming conditions described above.
By sending an email you give consent that Coloplast and a third party, with the consent of Coloplast, may freely use the photographs taken of me in connection with Coloplast’s business in and outside Denmark, including on the internet, if needed.
Deadline December 6 2015