In the course of its global business Coloplast A/S, Holtedam 1, 3050 Humlebaek, Denmark and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries (“Coloplast”) is collecting and using personal information. This covers personal information about Coloplast’s employees, customers, partners, health care professionals, end-users, job applicants, persons acting on behalf of any of the previous, and other persons that engage with Coloplast. Coloplast’s Global Privacy Notice applies to this collection and use of personal information in general, but Coloplast may make specific notices for certain collection and use.
The purpose of this page is to give you – if you are a person Coloplast has information about – easily accessible information about Coloplast’s collection and use of your personal data. By clicking the topics below you will find more information about the different aspects of Coloplast’s handling of personal data:
1. Where is the information collected?
2. What is the information collected for?
3. Who is handling the information?
4. How long is the information being stored?
5. How is transfer of information handled securely?
6. What are your rights?
7. How to contact us?
8. Updates and legal information
Where is the information collected?
Coloplast may collect information about you from different sources.
1. Information we collect from direct interaction with you (e.g. in meetings or phone calls)
2. Information we collect when you visit our sites, exchange e-mails with us, use our online forms and services, engage with us on social media and other platforms
3. From other sources (e.g. hospitals and health care providers that request products for you)
What is the information collected for?
Coloplast is processing personal information for a variety of purposes, depending on the nature of the relationship we with have with you. For illustration see the following examples:
1. We process information about contact persons (e.g. health care professionals) from our customers and partners to deliver products and services, to comply with quality and safety requirements, and to maintain and improve our offerings.
2. We process information about our end-users to deliver products (e.g. when required by a hospital), to comply with quality and safety requirements, to provide samples or services to the end-users, and to maintain and improve our offerings.
3. We process information about job applicants to handle job applications, to communicate about future job offerings (if the applicant has signed up for information on future offerings), and to maintain and improve our recruiting processes.
4. We process information about persons that have signed up to receive newsletters and other materials to deliver the materials and to maintain and improve our offerings.
5. We process cookie information to provide tailored advertising on social media.
In case you wish to request our provision of services, products, newsletters and other materials or apply for a job we need certain personal information to handle your request. You are not obligated to provide the information, but we cannot handle your request if you refrain.
Coloplast complies with applicable data privacy law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).Under GDPR the legal basis for Coloplast’s collection and use of the personal information for the purposes listed above is article 6(1)(b), (c) and (f) for no. 1, article 9(2)(a) and (i) for no. 2, and article 6(1)(b) and (f) for no. 3 and 4. We use your information to maintain and improve our offerings and processes by testing, analyzing and making reports, statistics and market research to eliminate technical errors and to pursue our legitimate interests in maintaining and improving the quality of your user experience as well as our products, services and business.
Coloplast protects your personal information and will only allow it to be used for the mentioned purposes. Coloplast will not sell your personal information to third parties or in similar ways send it to third parties for their exploitation. Coloplast does not make use of automated decision-making, such as profiling, that will effect you as a person.
Who is handling the information?
The recipients of your personal information are the Coloplast employees responsible for handling the information for the specific purpose in question. All personal information is handled on a need to know basis only. In some cases the information is stored or handled by third party processors that assist Coloplast with a specific service, such as hosting and IT service providers, recruitment firms (in case of job applicants) and logistics firms (in case they need your information to distribute products or other materials to you). The third party processors will only process the information in accordance with Coloplast’s instructions and for Coloplast’s purposes. They will not share the information with others, and they will delete the information when their tasks are completed.
If public authorities request access to your information we make a legal assessment of the request, and if applicable law requires us to disclose the information, we will comply with the request. You will be notified in accordance with applicable law in the event of any such disclosure of your information.
How long is the information being stored?
Coloplast stores information as long as it is relevant for the purpose(s) it is being used for, unless applicable law requires us to retain it for a longer period of time. For illustration see the following examples:
1. Where your information is used to provide you with products or services we will in general retain the information until ten years after the last delivery, unless applicable law requires us to delete it earlier or store it for a longer period of time.
2. Where your information is used to handle job applications we will retain the information no longer than six months after end of the end of the application process, unless you have signed up for information on future offerings or applicable law requires us to retain it for a longer period of time.
3. Where your information is used to send you newsletters or other materials on basis of your consent, we will retain the information until you withdraw the consent.
How is transfer of information handled securely?
Coloplast and its hosting providers maintain servers around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy. Coloplast has adopted binding corporate rules pursuant to article 47 of GDPR to safeguard personal information within the Coloplast group, and we also apply other legal frameworks, such as the standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission or EU-US Privacy Shield, when required in our collaboration with third party processors.
What are your rights?
Under GDPR you have the following rights in respect of the data we process about you:
-Right to access
You are entitled to get access to the data we are processing about you.
-Right to rectify
You are entitled to have rectified any inaccurate data we are processing about you.
-Right to erasure
In certain situations you are entitled to have your data deleted before the general time for deletion according to our retention rules.
-Right to restrict processing
In certain situations you are entitled to restrict our processing of your data. In such cases we are only entitled – apart from storage – to process such data for handling legal claims, to protect the rights of another natural person, or for reasons of important public interest.
-Right to withdraw consent
In certain situations, Coloplast may be collecting and using your personal information on basis of your explicit consent. If this is the case, you will have received a specific written notice from Coloplast that will contain further details. You are entitled to withdraw any such consent at any time, and Coloplast will then cease to use such personal information.
-Right to object
In certain situations you are entitled to object to our processing of your data.
-Right to data portability
In certain situations you are entitled to receive your data in a structured, commonly used format and have it transferred to a third party on your request.
If you want to exercise any of these rights please send an e-mail to email@example.com. For other queries or questions related to our use of your data please refer to the How to contact us section below.
In the event you are dissatisfied with our processing of your personal information you may file complaints to Coloplast’s Data Protection Officer. You are also entitled to file complaints with the relevant supervisory authority. In Denmark the relevant authority is the Danish Data Protection Agency. You can read more on the official website where you can also access the guideline on subject rights.
How to contact us?
The Coloplast companies that use your information are data controllers. Click here to find contact details for the Coloplast companies in the different countries. Coloplast A/S acts as representative for any Coloplast companies that are required to appoint a representative pursuant to article 27 of GDPR.
Coloplast has appointed a group Data Protection Officer. Inquires to the Data Protection Officer may be directed to:
Holtedam 1, 3050 Humlebaek
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Updates and legal information
Coloplast reserves the right to make changes to this privacy notice. These changes will take effect immediately upon posting. For your convenience, the last revised date of the current notice will be posted at the bottom of this page.
This privacy notice shall, save for mandatory local law, be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Denmark and be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Denmark.
Version: 25 May 2018