- Should relate to medical practice areas that Coloplast is involved in or interested in
- Should directly relate to the specialty and/or medical practice of the Healthcare Professionals whom the Healthcare Organisation will send to the Event or be sufficiently relevant to justify the attendance of the Healthcare Professionals
- For Third Party Organised Events, the agenda should be under the sole control and responsibility of the third party organizer
- Entertainment must be outside of the educational programme and paid for separately by the Healthcare Professionals – no part of an Educational Grant provided by Coloplast may be used for entertainment. Entertainment should not dominate or interfere with the overall scientific content of the programme and should not be the main attraction of the Third Party Organised Event.
Venue and location
The Event location and venue should not become the main attraction of the Event. Coloplast must take into account at all times the following considerations:
- Potential adverse public perceptions of the location and venue for the Event. The perceived image of the location and venue must not be luxury, or tourist/holiday-oriented, or that of an Entertainment venue.
- The Event location and venue should be in or near a city or town which is a recognised scientific or business centre, suitable for hosting an Event which is conducive to the exchange of ideas and the transmission of knowledge.
- The season during which the Event is held. The selected time of year must not be associated with a touristic season for the selected geographic location.
- Educational Grants provided by Coloplast cannot be used to facilitate or pay for any expenses related to guests of a Healthcare Professional.
Accommodation, travel, and other services
- Educational Grants provided by Coloplast cannot be used for payment or reimbursement of Healthcare Professionals’ lodging expenses at top category or luxury hotels
- Only reasonable hospitality may be covered by the Educational Grant
- Only economy and standard class air travel can be covered by the Educational Grant unless the flight time is longer than 5 hours in which case business class can be considered – first class is never appropriate
- Accommodation, and/or other services should not cover a period of stay beyond the official duration of the Event
Conference Vetting System
- Where applicable, the Third Party Organised Event must have approval via MedTech Europe’s Conference Vetting System
- The receiving Healthcare Organisation will provide full transparency that the Grant was in fact used for the agreed purpose
- If the receiving Healthcare Organisation has previously received an Educational grant, but has failed to provide the required documentation that the Grant was in fact used for the agreed purpose, the Healthcare Organisation may be disqualified from receiving Educational Grants until such documentation has been presented to Coloplast.